A Professional Body is an organisation with individual members practicing a profession or occupation in which the organisation maintains an oversight of the knowledge, skills, conduct and practice of that profession or occupation.
In the case of a Logistics and Supply Chain Management Professional Body, the applicants can become a members of the professional body as follows:
1. By Examinations for SSCE or O/Level holders
The minimum educational requirement for student admission is the Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) with credit in five subjects, which must include English Language and Mathematics.
The examinations are held June and December every year. Click here to apply
2. By Graduate Conversion Training Programme
If your qualification could not earn your direct certification, applicant must sit and pass the Graduate Conversion Programme or Statutory Executive Examination for Membership in order to become a member or to be awarded the Institute’s certifications. Click here to apply
3. Membership through Direct Membership/Professional’ Route
Click here to apply or continue your application
(a) Minimum of Bachelor’s degree/HND or its equivalent
(b) Minimum of Five (3) years Post Graduation experience. Three (3) years of which must be in any of the followings: Stores Logistics, Procurement, Warehousing, Shipping, Import and Export, Inventory and Materials Management, Transport or any aspect of Supply Chain Management practice at any management level in an organisation.
The categories of organisations are as follow:
• Shipping Companies
• Oil and Gas
• Import and Export Companies
• Media & Advertising
• Banking & Insurance,
• Professional Institutes
• Public Sectors eg: Nigerian Army, Nigerian Navy, Nigerian Air Force, Nigerian Police etc
• *Small & Medium Enterprises
• Others (Please specify the category of the organization)
(c) Demonstrable cognate experience and competence in any of the following core areas of Logistics and Supply Chain Management:
– Purchasing and Procurement Management
– Contract Manufacturing,
– Materials and Inventory Management,
– Demand Planning,
– Logistics and Transport/Distribution
– Supply Chain Management
– Import and Export/Shipping Management.
– Operations and Production Control
(d) Applicants who meet the above criteria (following assessment by the Institute and the approval of the Certification Board Members) would be required to for direct membership certification without lectures and examinations.
For further information contact:
Chartered Institute of Logistics and Supply Chain Management
57, Isheri Road, By County Bus Stop-Aguda Ogba
Tel: +2348025486416, WhatsApp: +2349099175136